Thursday, February 5, 2009

Popping in.

Just when I think I am well, here I go again. I know have the stupid head cold that descended on me in a quick and furious action. I would like to say that I caught it at work, no less than half a dozen co-workers have, still have some lasting effects of, had this crud. But, looking back over my blog postings I realize that I have been sick a while. Truthfully, it started just after Christmas and I think we just pass it around to each other.

Nothing new really going on. Am still on track with cooking at home each meal this week. Okay, technically, hubby cooked last night, but even he was impressed with how much easier it went and has agreed to help on Wednesday nights. He gets home a little after 4 and I don't get home until about 5:30, then have to head right back out the door to take J to confirmation class. Thankfully, he is most agreeable that she does not need to keep eating fast food on the way to keep from eating supper at 8:00...or living off of peanut butter sandwiches. Wasn't that in a recall? Oh yeah, just my favorite little crackers with peanut butter between them... that I love and have been yanked from store shelves.

I didn't make the contest, so am kind of bummed out about that. I know for a fact it could have helped me make a huge difference in my life. But, I have thought about it and made my own changes. I decided I couldn't justify the money for the program they were offering the people that didn't make the contest. Besides, in doing a little further research, found it was not exactly what they had led me to believe. When it all came down to it, the fine print stated that the trainers were available, not that there was actual sessions with them. I get that at the gym I belong to as it is. I would dearly love to have that metabolic testing to see what diet would work with my body, but I took the step in faith and went ahead and showed up at the church and have joined that program called First Place 4 Health. It is realistic in its guidelines, a wonderful bible study goes with it as well, most important is I get out of the house. I am trying to get myself back in the gym, which hasn't happened since the meeting with the trainer the first part of January, but I was also holding back a bit to see what came of this contest. Now that things are decided, so to speak, I can go forward with making household plans around everything that needs to be done.

I am still working on getting my menu going, just need to get the recipes together. I do at least have a plan of action and have initiated it. We get paid over the week end, so on Sat. will go do the grocery shopping. Thankfully the cost will be minimal as I still pretty well stocked, but there is a sale on chicken and I am down to two packages. It is such a good deal, am thinking it will be on the menu three times a week at least. I make sure we do not have the same kind of meat twice in a row so that family doesn't get burned out. Also, have decided that Thurs. will be crock pot day. The week ends will be for major cooking sessions while the laundry is going. At least for the next two weeks there won't be ice skating for J as she hurt her ankle and is on crutches.

Man, just how much snot can drain out of one nose? My trusty buddy Kit is laying in the bedroom with me, showing great concern with each blast of my nose in a tissue. He is always so glad to see me when I come through the door at the end of the day.

I had to pop in though and share this You Tube info with you.
Chef Todd Mohr is the link to this chef on You Tube. He has easy to understand lessons for cooking. If it worked correctly, this should link you his Fruit Smoothie segment. He has over a hundred and on every topic about cooking. How to cut up the breast of a chicken, how to bread meat, even shirring and egg. It is pretty great to watch and learn.

I got all the romance books posted and are now stored in alphabetical order in case someone wants to request one from the Paperback Book Swap. They are tucked away under my bed. I will work on finishing emptying my bookcase in the bedroom so I can move it out and toy with some different arrangements of the desks in here. He isn't going to go for it, but think hubby's side may need a smaller computer desk. Have to keep both our desk fairly close as we share a printer. In other words, cord is plugged back and forth between computers. Would probably be cheaper to buy an additional printer.

Okay, have wasted enough time, need to get back to my planning and such. Am about to tackle my absurdly huge list of Yahoo groups I belong to and whittle it down significantly. If I miss that "greatest of great all time ever" recipe, than so be it. I have learned that all I have to do is Google it. Yes, I know, I am a slow learner sometimes. But, the important thing is I do learn. I am trying to make my plans in the most efficient line of task possible. You know, plan the meals first so I can get the grocery shopping done, then while I cook up a storm have the laundry going and such. I still have get the MasterCook loaded on to my Vista running computer, but have been assured that it is possible by people on the group that have already done it.

I also plan to have menu plans created so I can join the group that post to their blogs every Monday their menus for the week. I will give more details about that when I am successful in that endeavour. So...of I go in search of more tissue so I can get back to organizing.

Goals for the weekend:
1. Prepare menu plans
2. Household shopping done
3. Mini cooking session
4. Finish cleaning bedroom
5. Shampoo bedroom carpet
6. Laundry
7. Write out personal budget
8. Hit the gym for at least 30 minutes

Successful or not, will post how I did over the weekend on Tuesday. Monday night will be at First Place meeting hoping I see a loss on the scale.

No comments: