Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday

I actually am up and going now. I am joining a really great group of bloggers through an awesome sight called I'm An Organizing Junkie which all about getting organized. Her helpful hints and resource information is the greatest. Has helped me so much. You really should check out her blog.

She is big in to menu plans so devotes one day a week to just menu plans. Other link their blogs so you can visit their sites and see what everyone is having that week. I have joined the group as well. For a couple of reasons actually.

For one, it makes me actually write out the menu.

Two, it holds me accountable to stick with it so to speak.

Three, the family has said that they would help if I tell them what to do. I plan the menu, print it out along with the recipes and all they have to do is look in the notebook. My daughter J was so excited when she saw it. She only had one question, "this will be where I can look at it?" and I told her yes... she just smiled and said "cool" so guess that is good. We will see how it works out.

So here goes: My first Menu Plan Monday



Mon: Stuffed Peppers, Hot Potato Salad, Strawberries & Bananas

Tue: Avocado Chicken Casserole, Broccoli

CP Wed: Bubbly Ranch Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Green beans

Thu: Baked Chicken Strips, Rice, Carrots, Salad

Fri: Spaghetti, garlic bread

Sat: Steak, Baked Potato, Frito Salad

Sun: Chili Dogs, Chips

We may be camping out over the week end, but the meal won't change. Also, it should be noted that Wednesday will be Crock Pot Wednesday around here. As I explained in earlier posting that is a hectic day for supper meal.

I have chicken breast cooking in the crock pot that I will cut into cubes and slices then bag up so the meat is ready to go for different recipes. I am home sick today, but will have to make some shopping trips to get some groceries and ink for the printer. Son G needed something printed for class, now I have to get ink, print it, and take it to him on his lunch break between classes. I have a doctor's appointment after that, then home to cook.

Well, I have some laundry to get done, dishes to do, and a few more groups to visit so I can find some more interesting recipes to try.

No comments: