Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally Friday

Yeah, the work week is over. Now time to actually work.

Hubby was off the first part of the week and decided to get something, anything, accomplished. He cleaned out the storage room which had several boxes of my fabric and 27 plastic bins of yarn for a knitting a machine I gifted to a co-worker's wife about a year ago or more. She actually uses it. I emptied the bins and took her the majority of the yarn. Okay...so shoot me, I kept a little bit for myself, but hey one bin as opposed to 27, the "Clean Sweep" guy would be proud. I will post a photo of the now empty and stacked bins tomorrow. I do still get the yearning to crochet from time to time, and I do have some regular yarn in this house somewhere...okay, in a bag in the RV, but only because I take it with me camping. It isn't all of it, just what I would work on at the time. And, it is a small bag...okay so technically it is a Duffie bag, but that is just knit picking so to speak. Yeah I know, lame pun.

Now, to go through the massive, I'm talking obnoxiously offensive massive stash of fabric for quilting. It is literally in stashed in every room of the house. Well...almost, there isn't any in my son's room or the kitchen...or the bathroom's. Every where else though, a cedar trunk in the living room, boxes and plastic bins in the garage, a hall closet with shelves over stuffed, bins in daughter's closet, boxes in my room, shelves full of fabric and books (crochet books, quilt books, stamping supplies, embroidery books) in my room, plastic flat boxes under my bed as well. Hubby is so generously (okay you did not see me roll my eyes at that) giving me a specific amount of space in the garage and storage room. He thinks maybe if I pair it down to 6 of the big gray bins. I agreed. He just doesn't know that I had already determined to purge it all down to three big bins of quilting and one bin for garment construction. My summer goal of a new wardrobe which I plan to actually start working on over Spring break. I mean really...this is just totally disgusting from even my point of view. At any rate, I also need one bin to seal up a couple of sewing machines in, or go buy a couple of carrying cases that will keep the majority of the dust out while they sit idle. Which they have been doing. It really ought to be a crime to have so much to work with except the on thing that is most needed...time.

Just check out my photo album, there is a link at the side of the page, and you will see, I do know how to do things, the quilts, machine embroidery, crazy quilting, it is all there. I just need to not work so I can work on some projects once again. But then I would be out of money to buy more things to work with. It is just an unending circle of thoughts you see. Kind of like my mind. Lord only knows what kind of mayhem I could get in if I took up scrapbooking with the way I jump in and build up supplies to store in every nook and cranny.

At any rate, I am in purging mood, have already got names lined up of people to take the stuff too. Just need to clear my time up to actually get out there and start sorting. Okay, I get it, about now would be when a planned, prepared menu plan for two weeks, plus some made ahead dinners, would be extremely valuable. I did plan out a menu plan for this past week, it worked one night. The night I made the Quick Chicken Chili Mole. It was a total disaster. I don't care how open I try to be when it comes experiencing new cultures, their food and people and traditions, I just can't enjoy the taste of chili and chocolate at the same time. The leftover Mole was trash, and I couldn't even give it to the dogs because it had chocolate in it. At any rate, the week end is coming and I will be very busy, so lucky I have a few things that quick cook so to speak.

I had much much more to say, really wanted to vent more, but I took some allergy medicine to get rid of the big blister looking whelps that were plaguing me earlier and I am dozing off mid key stroke an not making a bit of intelligent thinking for anyone to follow. Besides, I will be getting up for work soon.

By the way, if you do read this, post a comment so I know someone actually read this.
I'm out of here.

No comments: