Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dinner was great

Had to share about the ham right quick. IT WAS AWESOME!


This was a first for me as I have never cooked a ham in a crock pot before, but will cook it this way from now on. I wrapped the meat cut side down in foil after adding some pineapple rings with cherry halves in the middle. I inserted whole cloves through the cherry and in to the meat to keep them in place. Also sprinkled a bit a brown sugar across the top and then after wrapping it up tightly in the foil I let it cook in the crock for on low for 6 1/2 hours. I have very little left over, but do have a nice bone to make beans with later in the week.

Thanks to this really cool blog site I came across called A Year of Crock Potting I also was inspired to try out cooking my black-eyed peas in the crock as well. They turned out wonderfully as well. You should really take a look at the blog, Stephannie really has it going on.

No comments: